Thursday, January 27, 2011

Diving the Galapagos

Six nights sailing over 400 nautical miles on a 110 foot yacht to see some of the most spectacular oceanic wildlife in the world.  It was incredible.  I was left speechless on numerous occasions.  And while the elusive whale shark remains so, I wouldn't trade seeing one for some of the most incredible dives I think I'll ever have in my life.  Besides the dozens of turtles and moray eels seen on every dive, having a family of eagle rays circle for 15 minutes to see the curious new spieces (the divers) and come to within a couple of feet was an amazing experience.  However, the sharks take the cake - we couldn't even count the number of white tips, but most impressive were the hammerheads - hundreds of them.  It was breathtaking!  While these pictures can't possibly do the experience justice, I hope that you can share in my amazement!


This scene went on for 5 minutes - shark after shark - hundreds of them - simply amazing!


In front of the famous Darwin Arch - home of many a hammerhead shark!

Eagle rays popping by for a visit


Close up of a seastar


No comments:

Post a Comment