Friday, June 24, 2011

Our home away from home!

We're back on Utila for the last leg of our trip.  We've been relaxing, getting some sun, and hanging out with some great new friends!  I decided to conquer my fear, anxiety, neurosis (not sure which one fits the best)...and learn how to scuba dive while we are here.  I was lucky enough to get the greatest instructor EVER...a girl from Comox (it's a small world, after all...), named Vanessa to teach me.  She is super awesome and made it all seem so easy.  Steve was thrilled that I had finally learned to dive...and even more excited when I went on and finished my Advanced Certification!  So, yeah, now I'm a scuba diver...and I'm wondering what took me so long.  I've seen some truly amazing things in my limited time in the water (14 whole dives now).


Me & Vanessa.

Flounder.
 I'm still hanging onto the hope that I'll see a Sea Turtle, and a shark before I leave here...which is on Monday...so let's cross our fingers!

No comments:

Post a Comment